dog at redleaves vetsThis mischievous boy, Buddy, decided to eat a pack of chewing gum!

His quick thinking owners gave us a call and were told to come straight down as chewing gum contains Xylitol which is potentially toxic to dogs.

It can cause liver failure, low blood sugar and seizures. Buddy had an injection to make him sick, to get rid of all the chewing gum.

Then, when he felt better, he was given food with charcoal in to absorb any Xylitol that may have already entered his system.

He recovered well and enjoyed the attention and extra treats and cuddles with our nurses. He has now gone home.

What a cutie

**Covid-19 Update**

**Covid-19 Update**

We are slowly coming back up to full staff numbers and are now able to offer most veterinary services including routine procedures such as neutering and vaccinations

© 132 Feltham Hill Road Ashford Middlesex TW15 1HN Redleaves Veterinary Centre is the trading name of Redleaves Veterinary Centre Ltd
Regd in England Company No 08215997
Designed & maintained by Vetwebsites| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions